Bendekai Raita or okra in yogurt is simple fried okra seasoned with yogurt sauce. Okra is one of the frequently used vegetables at our home. Okra is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C while yogurt is full of protein and calcium, the combination of this two makes it healthier. The crunchy okra pieces in spiced yogurt makes it fun to eat.
- Okra- 10 to 12
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Red chilly- 1
- Curry leaves- 4
- Chilly powder- 1/4 tbs
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tbs
- Ghee/Oil- 1 tbs
- Wash and dry okras by using a dry cloth. This will reduce the sliminess of okra.
- Cut them into big round slices and fry them with little salt and oil on a frying pan for few minutes until they are soft and cooked. Don’t overcook or burn them. Make sue that they are crunchy.
- In a bowl add yogurt, cumin powder and beat it well
- Switch off the flame add chilly powder to the okras and mix well when the pan is still hot
- Now add this to yogurt mixture and mix well and adjust the salt
- Tamper it with mustard seeds, red chilly and curry leaves
- Your okra raitha is ready to be served with roti or rice