Okra or ladies finger stir fry with ground coconut and spices is South Indian style side dish, served with roti, naan or chapathi. Bhindi is one popular vegetable in India, as it can be used in many dishes. I used some spices and coconut ground masala to normal okra stir fry I usually prepare.
- Okra- 250 grams
- Tomato-1 big sized
- Onion- 1
- Coconut- 1/2 cup
- Green chilly- 2
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbs
- Wash and clean okra, wipe the moisture from it by using a dry cloth or tissue. Cut into 1 inch long pieces.
- Take a deep pan and add a tbs of oil, mustard seeds. When it starts to splutter add okra pieces and fry well until the vegetable is cooked and keep it aside.
- Grind coconut, green chilly, turmeric, onion, cumin seeds and garlic in a blender
- In a separate pan add a tbs of oil, ground masala mix it well until the raw smell goes. Fry chopped tomato in it until it becomes soft and mushy
- Now add fried okra pieces into this pan and mix well by adding salt to taste
- Let it cook in low flame for 3-4 minutes
- Serve it hot with roti or rice