Potato frankie or wraps are rich in potato and cheese. If you are in diet then not a good choice, it is full of carbohydrates. I love eating this yummy potatotious roles 🙂 You can see frankies from 5 star hotels to street. But the best frankie I had was from a street food vendor in Bangalore. Today I am sharing my version of potato frankie with a little bit of Indian spices in it. I have shown the two ways of wrapping the role in this picture.
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Wheat flour- 1/4 cup
- Potatoes- 2
- Cheese- 4 tbs (grated mozzarella cheese)
- Onion- 1
- Red capsicum- 1 small
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 tbs
- Chilly powder- 1/2 tbs
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbs
- Amchur powder- 1/4 tbs
- Boil potatoes, peel the skin and keep it aside
- Mix all purpose flour and wheat flour with water. Kneed the dough and keep it aside.
- Take a frying pan add capsicum and finely chopped half onion, garam masala and fry it well with a tbs of oil. At the end add cheese and take it out.
- Mash the potatoes add finely chopped half onion and fried capsicum-onion mixture
- Add red chilly powder,amchur powder and coriander leaves,mix well. Stuffing is done.
- Now take the dough and prepare rolls and pan fry them with out oil as you prepare rotis. Make sure that the rolls are not thick.
- Now stuff it with masala stuffing and roll it well. Serve it with tomato ketchup or some mint chutney