Ragi or finger millet is an important part of a healthy diet. Twice in a week its good to have ragi for balanced and low carbohydrate diet. I usually go for instant or fermented dosa, roti and ragi balls. This recipe which I am going to share today is quite different from what I usually prepare. Rather than using the ragi powder directly I have boiled it in water and used to prepare soft rotis.
- Ragi powder- 1 cup
- Water- 2 cups
- Coriander leaves- 1/4 cup
- Green chilly- 2
- Take a deep pan and add water along with salt, let it start boiling before you add the ragi powder
- Now slowly stir the content and let the water evaporate and form soft ragi dough.
- Transfer it into a bowl using a spoon and let it cool a bit, add chopped green chillies, onion, coriander leaves, before you kneed it roughly
- Pluck out a small ball of dough and roll into round roti, or you can place this on a plastic and cover it with another plastic then press it hard with a big plate to get the round shape.
- Now transfer this to a pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it hot with chutney or yogurt sprinkled with chat masala.