Anyone who likes mushrooms will love mushroom gravies. I am crazy about mushroom fried rice, noodles, manchurian and gravies. Recently I prepared chilly mushroom gravy with an Indian twist. Its perfect for naan, chapathi and fried rice. You can make it watery or thick, spicy or sweet and tangy by changing the ingredients. When it is prepared at home you can eat it healthy, that way you can make sure that the mushrooms are fresh and of good quality.
- Button mushrooms- 1 pack (around 250 grams)
- Capsicum- 1
- Tomato puree- 1 cup
- Onion- 1
- Spring onion- 1/4 cup
- Ginger- 1 tbs
- Green chilly- 2
- Garlic- 1 tbs
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbs
- Soy sauce- 2 tbs
- Chilly sauce- 2 tbs
- Corn flour – 2 tbs in 1/4 cup of water
- Add a tbs of olive oil to the deep pan along with grated ginger, finely chopped garlic, green chilly and onion. Fry well until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add chopped capsicum and fry for few minutes until it becomes soft
- Now add tomato puree and mix well until the raw smell goes off
- Add mushroom pieces, soy sauce and chilly sauce
- Let it boil for few minutes before adding the cornflour and water mixture for thickness
- Adjust the salt and water consistency and before you take it out from flame add chopped spring onions and coriander leaves for decoration and aroma
- Serve it hot with fried rice or flat bread
NOTE: You can make the gravy more thick by adding another tbs of cornflour in water mixture. And any sweet and tangy sauce can be added instead of chilly sauce for sweet taste.
Indo-Chinese food is my favorite. If you are wondering what is that -Chinese food with a little Indian twist is called Indo-Chinese. Indo Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking according to Indian tastes.Veg Manchurian, Gobi Manchurian, Hakka Noodles, Veg Fried Rice, Sesame Veg Toast, Schezwan Noodles etc comes under this list. What we eat at Indian restaurants will have a little Indian twist in everything. I prepared baby corn manchurian semi gray for chapathis and the recipe is very simple.
Baby Corn Fry:
- Baby corn- 10
- All purpose flour- 4 tbs
- Corn flour- 2 tbs
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tbs
- Red chilly powder- 1 tbs
- salt and oil for frying
- Ginger- 1 tbs
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Green Chillies- 2
- Coriander leaves- 1 spring
- Spring onion- 3 strands
- Chilly sauce- 1 tbs
- Soy Sauce- 2 tbs
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tbs
- Corn flour- 1 tbs in 1/2 cup water
- Salt for taste
- Clean and cut baby corn and boil them for 5-8 minutes until they are slightly soft
- Prepare a batter with all other ingredients mentioned under baby corn fry with little water(except baby corn and oil)
- Now dip the baby corn pieces in batter and deep fry in hot oil until they turn golden brown and crisp
- In a frying pan add little oil (2 tbs) and finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, ginger, green chilly and capsicum and fry well
- Add the sauces and fry for a minute. Add fried baby corn with coriander leaves and spring onion.
- Add the corn flour dissolved in water and stir well, add tomato ketchup and adjust the salt.
- Serve it hot with rotis or rice
Note:If you want to eat it as starter then do not add corn flour dissolved in water.