Veg soupy noodle is simple Asian style quick meal, it is also called as Ramen in Japan. It has broth, noodles, vegetables and sauces in it which makes it delicious and healthy too. I had this sudden craving for soupy noodles after watching this Manga called Naruto where the main character eats a lot of ramen. Finally bought some veggies and noodles, tossed it together and made some yummy bowl of soupy noodles.
- Hakka noodles or any noodles- 1 pack
- Mixed veggies- 1 bowl (carrots, beans, cauliflower)
- Frozen green peas- 1/4 cup
- Mushrooms- 1/4 cup
- Spring onion- 1/4 cup
- Onion-1 medium
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Green chilly- 2
- Capsicum- 1/2
- Soy Sauce- 2 tbs
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tbs
- Vegetable stock- 2 cups
- Boil the noodles and vegetables separately , drain and keep it aside. Don’t over cook it.
- Take a deep pan and add 2 tbs of olive oil, fry the chopped onion green chilly, garlic and capsicum
- To this add soy sauce, little slat and mix well
- Now add boiled veggies, frozen peas, mushrooms along with stock
- Add noodles and mix well, let it boil in low flame for 5 minutes, you can add more stock if needed
- Now decorate it with spring onions, sprinkle some pepper powder and have it hot
Palak rice or Spinach rice is one healthy and delicious dish perfect for light lunch. One speciality of this is you can add vegetables and nuts according to your taste. Or just prepare plain simple palak rice without any vegetables just like how I did. This is perfect recipe for all those fussy people who dislike green leafy vegetable in their daily meals. This is one healthy tasty and easy dish so it is three in one 🙂
- Palak/Spinach- 2 cups, finely chopped
- Onion- 1 medium
- Green chilly- 2
- Bay leaves- 1
- Cloves- 3
- Basmathi rice- 1 big cup (serves 2)
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Ghee/clarified butter
- Wash and soak basmathi rice in water for 15 minutes
- Blend chopped spinach leaves with little water to prepare smooth paste
- In a pressure cooker add a table spoon of olive oil. Upon heating add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, bay leave and cloves. Fry well until the onions turn translucent.
- Now drain the rice and add into the pressure cooker, add salt and mix well for 2 minutes
- Along with spinach paste add approximately 2 cups of water to cook the rice (always follow 1:2 (rice:water) ratio while cooking white rice or basmathi rice)
- After 3 whistles take out from the flame.When the pressure is completely gone open the lid and serve it hot.
- I used yogurt with chat masala and salted cabbage and carrot stripes with white vinegar for side dishes. You can serve it with raitha and pickles too.
Note: You can add tomatoes and other vegetables along with onion. Fried nuts can also be added to enhance the taste.