Here comes another popular mushroom recipe, Kadai Mushroom. Button mushrooms cooked in tangy tomato gravy and spices together. It is semi-gravy which goes well with chapathis and rotis. This yummy mushroom recipe is very simple and in the same way you can also prepare Kadai paneer.
- Button Mushrooms- 1 pack (around 250 grms)
- Tomato- 2 medium
- Onion- 1 big
- Capsicum- 1 medium
- Coriander seeds- 1 tbs
- Red chillies- 3
- Garlic paste- 1 tbs
- Kasuri Methi- 1/2 tbs (dried)
- Coriander leaves for decoration
- Tampering: 1 red dry chilly and 1/4 tbs cumin seeds
- Dry roast coriander seeds along with red chillies and grind it into powder without adding water
- In a pan add olive oil, ingredients under tampering and chopped onions. Fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add garlic paste and stir for few minutes before adding chopped tomato, when it turns mushy add the ground powder
- Add chopped mushrooms, cubed capsicum to this along with salt, little water and let it cook. If you want the capsicum to be little crunchy then fry it along with onions rather than cooking it with mushrooms.
- Close the lid and let it cook well for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle kasuri methi before you take out of the flame, decorate it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with rotis
Anyone who likes mushrooms will love mushroom gravies. I am crazy about mushroom fried rice, noodles, manchurian and gravies. Recently I prepared chilly mushroom gravy with an Indian twist. Its perfect for naan, chapathi and fried rice. You can make it watery or thick, spicy or sweet and tangy by changing the ingredients. When it is prepared at home you can eat it healthy, that way you can make sure that the mushrooms are fresh and of good quality.
- Button mushrooms- 1 pack (around 250 grams)
- Capsicum- 1
- Tomato puree- 1 cup
- Onion- 1
- Spring onion- 1/4 cup
- Ginger- 1 tbs
- Green chilly- 2
- Garlic- 1 tbs
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbs
- Soy sauce- 2 tbs
- Chilly sauce- 2 tbs
- Corn flour – 2 tbs in 1/4 cup of water
- Add a tbs of olive oil to the deep pan along with grated ginger, finely chopped garlic, green chilly and onion. Fry well until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add chopped capsicum and fry for few minutes until it becomes soft
- Now add tomato puree and mix well until the raw smell goes off
- Add mushroom pieces, soy sauce and chilly sauce
- Let it boil for few minutes before adding the cornflour and water mixture for thickness
- Adjust the salt and water consistency and before you take it out from flame add chopped spring onions and coriander leaves for decoration and aroma
- Serve it hot with fried rice or flat bread
NOTE: You can make the gravy more thick by adding another tbs of cornflour in water mixture. And any sweet and tangy sauce can be added instead of chilly sauce for sweet taste.