Veg soupy noodle is simple Asian style quick meal, it is also called as Ramen in Japan. It has broth, noodles, vegetables and sauces in it which makes it delicious and healthy too. I had this sudden craving for soupy noodles after watching this Manga called Naruto where the main character eats a lot of ramen. Finally bought some veggies and noodles, tossed it together and made some yummy bowl of soupy noodles.
- Hakka noodles or any noodles- 1 pack
- Mixed veggies- 1 bowl (carrots, beans, cauliflower)
- Frozen green peas- 1/4 cup
- Mushrooms- 1/4 cup
- Spring onion- 1/4 cup
- Onion-1 medium
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Green chilly- 2
- Capsicum- 1/2
- Soy Sauce- 2 tbs
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tbs
- Vegetable stock- 2 cups
- Boil the noodles and vegetables separately , drain and keep it aside. Don’t over cook it.
- Take a deep pan and add 2 tbs of olive oil, fry the chopped onion green chilly, garlic and capsicum
- To this add soy sauce, little slat and mix well
- Now add boiled veggies, frozen peas, mushrooms along with stock
- Add noodles and mix well, let it boil in low flame for 5 minutes, you can add more stock if needed
- Now decorate it with spring onions, sprinkle some pepper powder and have it hot
Ragi or finger millet is an important part of a healthy diet. Twice in a week its good to have ragi for balanced and low carbohydrate diet. I usually go for instant or fermented dosa, roti and ragi balls. This recipe which I am going to share today is quite different from what I usually prepare. Rather than using the ragi powder directly I have boiled it in water and used to prepare soft rotis.
- Ragi powder- 1 cup
- Water- 2 cups
- Coriander leaves- 1/4 cup
- Green chilly- 2
- Take a deep pan and add water along with salt, let it start boiling before you add the ragi powder
- Now slowly stir the content and let the water evaporate and form soft ragi dough.
- Transfer it into a bowl using a spoon and let it cool a bit, add chopped green chillies, onion, coriander leaves, before you kneed it roughly
- Pluck out a small ball of dough and roll into round roti, or you can place this on a plastic and cover it with another plastic then press it hard with a big plate to get the round shape.
- Now transfer this to a pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it hot with chutney or yogurt sprinkled with chat masala.
Palak rice or Spinach rice is one healthy and delicious dish perfect for light lunch. One speciality of this is you can add vegetables and nuts according to your taste. Or just prepare plain simple palak rice without any vegetables just like how I did. This is perfect recipe for all those fussy people who dislike green leafy vegetable in their daily meals. This is one healthy tasty and easy dish so it is three in one 🙂
- Palak/Spinach- 2 cups, finely chopped
- Onion- 1 medium
- Green chilly- 2
- Bay leaves- 1
- Cloves- 3
- Basmathi rice- 1 big cup (serves 2)
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tbs
- Ghee/clarified butter
- Wash and soak basmathi rice in water for 15 minutes
- Blend chopped spinach leaves with little water to prepare smooth paste
- In a pressure cooker add a table spoon of olive oil. Upon heating add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, bay leave and cloves. Fry well until the onions turn translucent.
- Now drain the rice and add into the pressure cooker, add salt and mix well for 2 minutes
- Along with spinach paste add approximately 2 cups of water to cook the rice (always follow 1:2 (rice:water) ratio while cooking white rice or basmathi rice)
- After 3 whistles take out from the flame.When the pressure is completely gone open the lid and serve it hot.
- I used yogurt with chat masala and salted cabbage and carrot stripes with white vinegar for side dishes. You can serve it with raitha and pickles too.
Note: You can add tomatoes and other vegetables along with onion. Fried nuts can also be added to enhance the taste.
Curd rice or yogurt rice is truly comfort food! Curd rice from South India tastes great with just a pickle or chutney. In India, curd is a part of every meal. At least a majority of people like to have a small bowl of curd along with their afternoon meals. I think hot rice and some curd mixed with it is one of the most simple and comforting food ever. I have heard that this dish has got medical importance, usually this is the food I eat if I am suffering from indigestion or stomach upset. This weekend I thought of preparing simple curd rice with some vegetables.
- Cooked rice- 2 cups
- Yogurt- 1 and half cup
- Carrot- Grated, 1/2 cup
- Cucumber- finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Green chilly- 1
- Pomegranate seeds (I used 5-6 tbs, can use more or less)
- Ginger- grated, 1/2 tbs
Ghee,mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilly, urad dal and pinch of asafoetida
- Cook rice and keep it aside let it cool
- To this rice add the ingredients mentioned above
- Now mix yogurt by slowly adding it to the above preparation and add slat to taste
- Now tamper it well with the ingredients mentioned for tampering
- Serve it with pickle and fried chilly
Note: You can avoid adding green chilly if you want this to be less spicy. Grated ginger will add the spiciness to it, so adding green chilly will be more hot for your tongue if you are looking for a mild taste.