Spicy Onion Dosa or Khara dosa is a traditional South Canara (Udupi) recipe. This does not requires any side dish like chutney or sambar. This is very easy and simple breakfast. No fermentation is required. This dosa tastes better when served with lot of butter.
- White Rice (dosa rice)- 1 & 1/2 cup (serves 2)
- Red chilly- 2
- Coriander seeds- 1/4 tbs
- Onion- 1
- Soak the rice over night and in the morning grind it with red chillies, salt and coriander seeds along with little water into very smooth batter
- Now add chopped onion and bring the consistency of batter into water’s by adding enough water
- Now heat a non stick pan and spill the batter on that with the help of spoon. Do not press it like how you usually so for other dosa, here you will have to spill the batter so that it is thin enough to get crispy.
- Let it cook for sometime and turn it over
- Serve it hot with a butter cube