Here comes another popular mushroom recipe, Kadai Mushroom. Button mushrooms cooked in tangy tomato gravy and spices together. It is semi-gravy which goes well with chapathis and rotis. This yummy mushroom recipe is very simple and in the same way you can also prepare Kadai paneer.
- Button Mushrooms- 1 pack (around 250 grms)
- Tomato- 2 medium
- Onion- 1 big
- Capsicum- 1 medium
- Coriander seeds- 1 tbs
- Red chillies- 3
- Garlic paste- 1 tbs
- Kasuri Methi- 1/2 tbs (dried)
- Coriander leaves for decoration
- Tampering: 1 red dry chilly and 1/4 tbs cumin seeds
- Dry roast coriander seeds along with red chillies and grind it into powder without adding water
- In a pan add olive oil, ingredients under tampering and chopped onions. Fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add garlic paste and stir for few minutes before adding chopped tomato, when it turns mushy add the ground powder
- Add chopped mushrooms, cubed capsicum to this along with salt, little water and let it cook. If you want the capsicum to be little crunchy then fry it along with onions rather than cooking it with mushrooms.
- Close the lid and let it cook well for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle kasuri methi before you take out of the flame, decorate it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with rotis