Stir fry is one simple dish which goes well with rotis and rice. There are different ways to prepare stir fry by using different ingredients. Here is one easy way to prepare snake gourd stir fry.
- Snake Gourd- 1 cup, chopped into half moon pieces
- Onion- 1 small sized
- Moong Dal- 2 tbs
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbs
- Green chilly- 2
- Mustard- 1/2 tbs
- Urad dal- 1/2 tbs
- Curry leaves- 4
- Oil- 2 tbs
- Grated coconut- 2 tbs
- Wash snake gourd, peel the skin and cut it into half moon shaped pieces.
- In a bowl, along with snake gourd pieces add little salt and moong dal. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a deep pan and add 2 tbs of oil, mustard, urad dal , green chillies and curry leaves. Upon spluttering add onion and fry them till golden brown.
- Now squeeze the water from vegetable and transfer the content from the bowl into the pan (Snake gourd will leave water when it is added with salt and kept to settle)
- Add turmeric and keep stirring the contents of the pan for 5- 10 minutes. If needed add 2 tbs of water.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve it hot with rice or chapathi.