I am a soup lover. Mixed veggies, mushroom cream or noodles I like to have everything. During summer time its hard to eat heavy lunch or dinner. You might want to just have some soup and veggies. Here is a simple recipe of fresh green peas soup where you can use fresh, frozen or soaked peas. You can have it hot or refrigerated according your taste.
- Peas- 1 and half cup (serves 2)
- Onion- 1 medium sized
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Green chilly- 1
- Leeks- 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves- 1 tbs, finely chopped
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbs
- Take a pan and add a tbs of butter and fry onions, leeks, garlic and mint leaves for 3-4 minutes
- Add peas and slowly mix it for 4-5 minutes (if it is fresh peas then 5 minutes, frozen- 3 minutes and if you are using hard green peas then it should be soaked overnight and cooked)
- Transfer the mixture into a blender, add salt and blend it well into a smooth paste by adding water.
- Now boil this paste by adding water to get the consistency of soup
- Serve it hot or chilled
Note: You can also add any broth to it to enhance the flavor.