Curd rice or yogurt rice is truly comfort food! Curd rice from South India tastes great with just a pickle or chutney. In India, curd is a part of every meal. At least a majority of people like to have a small bowl of curd along with their afternoon meals. I think hot rice and some curd mixed with it is one of the most simple and comforting food ever. I have heard that this dish has got medical importance, usually this is the food I eat if I am suffering from indigestion or stomach upset. This weekend I thought of preparing simple curd rice with some vegetables.
- Cooked rice- 2 cups
- Yogurt- 1 and half cup
- Carrot- Grated, 1/2 cup
- Cucumber- finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Green chilly- 1
- Pomegranate seeds (I used 5-6 tbs, can use more or less)
- Ginger- grated, 1/2 tbs
Ghee,mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilly, urad dal and pinch of asafoetida
- Cook rice and keep it aside let it cool
- To this rice add the ingredients mentioned above
- Now mix yogurt by slowly adding it to the above preparation and add slat to taste
- Now tamper it well with the ingredients mentioned for tampering
- Serve it with pickle and fried chilly
Note: You can avoid adding green chilly if you want this to be less spicy. Grated ginger will add the spiciness to it, so adding green chilly will be more hot for your tongue if you are looking for a mild taste.