I am a huge mango lover, raw or riped I just love to eat them in all possible ways 🙂 Raw mango tastes good in curries, chutney and pickles. Today I am going to share a old and traditional recipe from my birth place- Kundapura (a beautiful coastal area in South Karnataka). I have so many memories and emotions attached to this recipe.
- Raw mango- 2 (medium sized)
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Green chilly- 3-4 (depending upon how spicy you want it to be)
- Tampering- Ghee, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Wash and peel the raw mangoes and cut them into cubes and cook them in little water until they are soft.
- Let it cool and then mash it nicely and add salt along with coconut milk.
- You can add little water if you want the curry to be watery.
- Now add green chillies and mash them slowly with hand.
- Tamper it with the ingredients mentioned above and serve it with hot rice or just drink it as cooler like how you drink spiced buttermilk.
Note: You can also add water and adjust the consistency if you want to drink it.