Chatpata spicy chat items are my favorite. But lot of potatoes and oil together makes it unhealthy to eat everyday. Panipuri, masalapuri, dahipuri, vada pav, pav baji, pakoda, samosa chat and chana chat wow! the list is endless. Bread pakoda is one such easy chat recipe I am sharing today.
- Bread- 8 slices (serves 2)
- Gram flour- 1-2 cup
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Boiled potato- 2
- Cumin seeds
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tbs
- Chat masala- 1/2 tbs
- Chilly powder- 1 tbs
- Finely chopped coriander leaves- 2 tbs
- First prepare gram flour batter with adding little water to it along with a pinch of asafoetida and salt to taste. You can also add chilly powder to the batter if you want it to be more spicy.
- Now peel the boiled potato and mash it. Take a deep pan and add a tbs of oil and cumin seeds. Let it splutter and now add mashed potatoes, chilly powder, chat masala, garam masala. Mix it well and finally add coriander leaves and the stuffing is ready.
- Now take brown bread or white bread slices, cut off the sides and place the stuffing on one slice and cover it with another slice. Now cut it triangularly like how it looks in the picture.
- Take a deep frying pan and add oil for frying.
- Now dip this triangle bread stuffs into batter and deep fry it until they turn into golden brown.
- Serve it hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.